Family Bible Study – Week 2 Recap
June 24, 2021
If you haven’t yet read the introduction and vision for this family Bible study, please read the Week 1 Recap.
Watch 3-minute video on this week’s part of the Shema we’re looking at.
LORD – all caps “YHWH” – “He Will Be” – “I am,” “I am that I am”
God has many names revealed in the Bible, and each one describes a particular attribute of God. Here’s just a few:
- Elohim – Creator God – Genesis 17:7
- El Shaddai – God Almighty – Genesis 49:24
- Yahweh Jireh – Provider God – Genesis 22:14
- Yahweh Rapha – God our Healer – Exodus 15:26
- Yahweh Shalom – God our Peace – Judges 6:24
- Yahweh Tsidkenu – God our Righteousness – Jer. 33:16
- El Roi – God who Sees – Genesis 16:13
- El Olam – Everlasting God – Psalm 90:1-3
- Yeshua – Salvation! – Jesus!
Let’s look a little more at who God is with this quick 2 minute video.
That’s a lot of theology in 2 minutes!
- Observations, comments, questions
- Reflect on His various attributes listed
In light of this, what does God say about us?
Our Identity in Christ
Look up Scriptures & Discuss:
- 1 John 3:1 – His beloved children, Gal. 3:26 sons
- Romans 8:17 – His Heirs also Gal 4:7
- Ephesians 1:4-6 – Adopted into His family
- Ephesians 2:10 – His Masterpiece – made in His Image – Gen. 1:26-27; 5:1, James 3:9
- 1 Peter 1:18-19 – We’re redeemed, bought with a price
- Ephesians 1:7 – Purchased Freedom and forgiven, also: Galatians 5:1; 1 Corinthians 6:20; 1 John 1:9
- 2 Cor. 5:17 – New person, new creation, also Eph 4:24
- 2 Cor. 5:21 – The righteousness of God in Christ
- 1 Cor. 3:16 – Temple of the Holy Spirit
- Ephesians 2:19 – A Saint, also Phil 4:21
- John 15:15 – His Friend
- 2 Cor. 5:20 – His Ambassador
- Matthew 5:14-16 – His Light in a dark world, His witness to the world, Acts 1:8
- Matthew 28:19 – Trusted to make disciples
- Ephesians 3:6 – Members of His Body, also Eph 5:30
- Philippians 3:20 – Citizens of Heaven
- Romans 5:8 – Exceedingly loved, also read: Rom. 8:31-39
What do we do with this now? (Live it!)
Know your true identity in Christ and teach your kids theirs. Many questions in the world today about identity (and gender identity). Get a free membership to Axis.org (see below) and obtain parent guides on “Teen Identity,” “LGBTQ+ and Your Teen” and many more resources on the current big issues in society.
- Besides your personal daily devotions and prayer
- Encourage to pray regularly as a family
- Encourage to have family devos at least once a week (song, scripture, prayer).
FREE AXIS MEMBERSHIP
Calvary has purchased a group membership to Axis.org which is an incredible resource to navigate today’s culture for parents that includes:
- A massive library of culturally relevant guides, video and audio for parents.
- A clear plan showing you how to use our content to converse with your kid.
- A team of Gospel-focused researchers ready to answer your questions and pray for you.
Axis is a partner and guide to deepening your relationship with your kids by having an ongoing conversation aimed at leading them into a lifelong faith in Jesus.
To receive your free 1 year membership, please email email@example.com.
See you on Thursday!